“For everything there is a sign. The sign of love is fortitude under My decree and patience under My trials.” ~Baha’u’llah
Hello Friends of Holistique:
As the scare for the coronavirus, namely COVID-19, grows in Washington with new cases identified, I want to assure you of several actions you can take to protect yourself and your loved ones. Secondly, be assured that most people with the COVID-19 do not die from the virus. In fact, mortality rates from the influenza virus are significantly higher than from the COVID-19 virus. The public health concern regarding these viruses is mainly targeted at the safety of the immune-compromised patients who have a higher risk for complications with the COVID-19 as they do with any of the previous coronaviruses and influenza virus.
For the safety of our immune-compromised patients, Holistique has implemented the following:
- If you are experiencing respiratory symptoms, cough or fever, or have been in contact with an individual with confirmed COVID-19, please contact our concierge staff to schedule or switch to a Telehealth appointment. Telehealth appointments involve secured video chat over your patient portal. Over telehealth, our physicians are able to evaluate you and instigate appropriate guidance and treatments to help you. Please note that telehealth visits may or may not be covered by your medical insurance plan. Please check with your insurance for your Telehealth benefits.
- If you are experiencing respiratory symptoms, cough or fever, please do stay home and contact our physicians for a Telehealth visit.
- If you are needing supplements and are experiencing respiratory symptoms, please contact our concierge team to send you your supplements. For any orders above $100, we waive the shipping fee.
- Best way to reduce transmission of such viruses is to practice prevention:
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap regularly, cover your mouth and nose with your arm when you sneeze or cough, and wear a 3M 95 face mask if you are in crowds.
- Keep your immune system up: get plenty of rest, hydrate with filtered water and electrolytes, minimize sugar and alcohol intake, and eat organic, plant-based foods, and exercise mild-moderately.
- Best to drop in for an IV Vitamin C 10g drips or Immune Booster IV or Energizer IV at Holistique IV Lounge to enhance your immune support.
- Take zinc, Potent C (oral L-ascorbate (a natural form of vitamin C)), and selenium to support your immune system BEFORE you experience any symptoms. Andrographis tincture and Shiitake and Cordyceps mushrooms also provide excellent immune support. Set up a short consult with one of our physicians to prescribe you the appropriate supplements.
- Follow up your hot morning showers with 30 seconds of cold rinse to kick start your immunity every morning.
- Call us if you have any questions and concerns. We are always at your service.
We continue to pray for the wellbeing of our local and global community and will keep you abreast of any further changes in the protocols for your safety.
To Your Health,
Nooshin K. Darvish, ND, FICT, ABAAHP
Chief Medical Officer